With text merge, three-way merge, folder comparison, and now the ability to ignore whitespace-only differences, Kaleidoscope integrates perfectly with the version-control systems you already use.
Who says powerful developer tools can’t be beautiful too?
Praise for Kaleidoscope
“Kaleidoscope epitomizes the concept of “versatile software”: anyone can pick it up and use it, and the app will “scale” according to a user’s needs.” – Federico Viticci, MacStories.net
“Kaleidoscope 2 is breeze. I wish I’d had something like Kaleidoscope when I wrote my first novel, and I’ll be counting on it when I finally get around to writing the next one.” – Rene Ritchie, iMore.com
“It’s beautifully designed, fast and wonderful to use. It’s become an essential part of my toolkit already.” – Matthew Panzarino, The Next Web
It’s Part of Your Workflow
– Subversion, Git, Mercurial, Bazaar, and Perforce support
– Integrates as a fully-functional diff or merge tool
– Supported by a growing list of GUI source control management apps
Two-Way Text Comparison & Merging
– Three powerful display modes
– Super-fast diffing of lines and character-level changes
– Color coding to spot added, deleted, and changed text
– Review code changes and resolve conflicts
– Intelligently auto-merges the right content
File & Folder Comparison
– Ultra-fast algorithm for finding differences in large folders
– Sort and filter down to what matters most
– Drill deeper into folders for more detailed comparisons
– Copy your preferred files across sources
Powerful Image Comparison
– Compare images side by side, stacked, or split
– Spot subtle pixel differences with a high contrast “difference mask”
Optimized for OS X Lion & Mountain Lion
– Beautiful, modern UI to feel at home on your Mac
– Full-Screen mode for focusing on your content
– Looks gorgeous on retina displays and works wonderfully with high-resolution graphics
“The new Kaleidoscope is great, and has awesome and committed people behind it. Devs and designers need this tool.” – @SteveStreza
“I just bought Kaleidoscope app! It has already saved my time greatly once (by comparing SQL from clipboard). Thank you!” – @befive_info
“Kaleidoscope 2 is the best merging tool for the Mac, hands down. I finally don’t miss BeyondCompare.” – @stefankendall
What’s new in Kaleidoscope
- On macOS Big Sur, when closing a window after reviewing changes, Kaleidoscope should now always offer to save changes, instead of the app becoming unresponsive.
- Clicking a screenshot in the Getting Started window once again opens a sample document. Also, the app no longer crashes every time.
- Drastically reduced memory consumption in many areas.
- View > Decrease Text Size now always works as expected.
- Improved readability of some content when running on macOS Big Sur.
- Various smaller bug fixes and improvements.